ID Requirements for Testing
You must present proper identification when you arrive for a test at UT-Austin. Accepted identification varies by test type, and is dictated by that institution's guidelines. Without proper photo identification, you may not test. The information listed below is subject to change at the discretion of the testing agency. Please contact our office before your scheduled test date if you have questions. ID requirements are as follows:
UT Austin Tests for Credit or Placement
- Unexpired photo ID. Examples include UT student ID card, driver's license, passport, or other unexpired government-issued photo ID. It must be a physical ID; photocopies or digital versions are not accepted.
- Unexpired, government-issued photo ID, plus one additional form of identification (see link below for accepted items). Must be a physical ID; photocopies or digital versions are not accepted. Examples of accepted forms of ID may be found on the CLEP website.
SAT Subject Tests
- If you are a current UT-Austin student taking the exam on campus and registered for the test through our Test Registration System, a UT student ID card, driver's license, passport, or other unexpired government-issued photo ID is acceptable. For students taking a SAT Subject Test at another center, you must follow SAT's ID requirements.
Graduate Admissions and Professional Licensure Tests
Please check the website for your testing agency to confirm proper ID requirements before arriving at the test center. If your test is not listed below, contact your testing agency to confirm their requirements. If you arrive without proper ID, we cannot allow you to test. This list is subject to change, so it is advisable to check with your testing agency to verify the most recent requirements.
- GRE ID Requirements: https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/id/
- GRE Subject Test ID Requirements: https://www.ets.org/gre/subject/register/id/
- LSAT ID Requirements: http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test/acceptable-id
- Teacher Certification Exam (TEC): http://cms.texes-ets.org/texes/registration-information/identification-id-requirements/
- TOEFL ID Requirements: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/id/